In this lesson, we will walk you through the prerequisites you need to install CalyxOS. This consists of selecting the model of Pixel you plan to use and the operating system that matches it.
These are the prerequisites:
1. You have a supported Pixel phone model. Check that your Pixel phone model is on the list of supported devices in https://calyxos.org/install/ under the Choose your device model section.
2. No SIM card is inserted in the phone. Make sure that you remove your SIM card before starting the installation of CalyxOS.
3. You have above 60% of battery level. This is required so you have enough battery for the installation process.
4. You have a cable to connect the phone to the computer. These are normally included in the package when you buy the phone. If you don’t have one, buy a USB-C (phone connection) to USB cable.
5. Know the exact model of your Pixel phone. Notice there are several models for each Pixel version -4, 4a, 4XL, 4a (5G), 5, 5a, etc. This is essential for you to install the correct version of the Operating System. Although a different version might look like it was installed correctly, it will malfunction.
Make sure that these are all correct before advancing to the next lesson.