Hi from Glenn!
In this article I want to tell you what you should expect to achieve from this course. To do this, I want to share a question I received from one of my students. My answer will give you very clear insight into what you will achieve with this class.
The question was…
Hi Glenn, when I’m doing a general search for something and go to all these different sites, how do I know which ones to trust? For example, I found some candles I had been searching for at “suchandsuch dot com” (don’t remember the name), and never heard of them before. How do I know if I can trust places I’ve never heard of?
Here’s my answer…
When you properly set up your privacy, you don’t need to trust any particular website. For example, let’s say you go to www.MackWeldon.com to buy underwear. But you don’t know…
- If this is a legit site or not.
- If the password you create for the site will remain secure or not.
- If the site will get hacked and your credit card number stolen.
- If they are going to keep sending you tons of emails, even if you unsubscribe.
By the end of the Privacy Action Plan, you will be able to shop on line without fear of having your private information stolen, nor will the store or any hackers even know who you are unless you want them to know.
You will be able to…
- Give them fake personal information.
- Give them a unique credit card number that can only be used at that particular store for the dollar amount that you choose, so you don’t care if it gets stolen.
- This credit card won’t be tied into your real name or your real address.
- Give them a complex password that will not be reused on any other site, and you will be using two factor authentication, so if someone steals your password they won’t be able to login to this site or any other site.
- Give them an email address that will be unique for that website. You will be able to kill this email address at any time, so it won’t matter if the company keeps spamming you, because at any time you can kill the address they won’t be able to contact you ever again.
Your online experience will be much better when you have your privacy figured out. You will be able to relax in the knowledge that your risk is small.
You will learn…
- Learn how to avoid big tech and big brother surveillance.
- Shop online at any website without putting your credit card or personal info at risk.
- Communicate with your friends, family and business associates in a completely private and secure way.
- Greatly minimize your risk of being hacked.
- Kill spam, finally and forever.
- Create complex, unique passwords for each site you visit.
- Get support from experts and the community.
- Use the tools that will make your online experience private and secure.
- Explore the web with peace of mind that you are as private as secure as you can possibly be.
- And much more.
I do want to make one distinction…
I think it’s important to make a point about what not to expect. This course is designed to show regular people how to become private. There are some people, however, who need to take their privacy to a higher level, such as celebrities, wealthy people, political leaders or people who are being stalked.
Such people need to take extra precautions because they will actually be targeted. They will need to do everything described in this course, but then they may have to take extra precautions (which is why I would never want to be a celebrity).
This class will still be hugely valuable, but if you are actually being targeted you will have to take your privacy actions to a much higher level, which will probably involve hiring a professional.
Again, I welcome you to this class. I know you will really get a lot out of it. Before we get started, I have a very short survey for you to fill out so I can understand your specific goals and requirements. That is the next step.
© Copyright 2022. Glenn Meder All Rights Reserved.