The US dollar is losing value fast. I’m sure you can see it; everything is getting more expensive.
Good luck going to a grocery store and spending less than $100.
But this is nothing yet, there are many threats to the USD.
Today, I wanted to talk about these threats, and give you some ideas on how you can hedge your money. Please keep in mind this email is not financial advice.
- Signs are pointing to Russia switching to a gold backed currency. When Russia invaded Ukraine the value of the Ruble plummeted. When this happened, Russia started investing heavily in Gold.
- The danger is that Russia can dump all of their USD and Euros and greatly devalue the FIAT currencies.
- Russia’s largest bank Sber announced the introduction of a gold-backed digital financial fund. Just last year, it sold 100 tonnes of precious metals, and 300,000 new unallocated metal accounts were created between January and September.
- Putin’s Senior economic adviser Sergey Glazyev has made statements pointing towards a gold backed currency.
- One of the biggest reasons why Russia has not dumped their USD is because China’s currency has been dependent on the USD because of how much they are exporting to the US.
- China has been increasing its trade with Asian countries as well as Russia in attempts to self-sustain.
- China has been pushing for the Yuan to be used in oil deals instead of the USD.
- Once they feel self-sufficient and comfortable enough, they can easily drop the use of the USD.
- Multiple new currencies are being formed to try to get away from the USD.
- There are many other currencies forming. One of the largest ones being discussed is a new reserve currency by BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa).
- Brazil and Argentina are creating a joint currency called “Sur” that has the goal of becoming a “euro”-like currency of South America. This would boost South American trade and also greatly lower the use of the USD in the region.
With the USD being used less and less, it is being valued less. Which means… everything costs more.
I’m sure you can see where I am going with this. Holding all of your money in a FIAT currency is dangerous, and not just because of the threat that CBDCs hold.
I think that everyone should have a diverse portfolio to make sure that their assets are “recession-proof”.
A great hedge against inflation has always been gold and silver. Gold and silver tend to hold their value regardless of how the currency is doing. That means owning gold and silver can help protect your purchasing power over the long term.
Another great benefit of gold and silver is that you can hold onto them physically, and store them in a private and secure location. This helps prevent government seizure like in the scenario of the Canadian freedom convoy.
This blog isn’t designed to be financial advice, but more so an eye opener to have you consider this topic more deeply.
Even if there is a recession, you don’t have to be effected by it. But the key is taking action before it is too late.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Please share our blog with your friends and family.