Home Page › Community Forum › Password Managers › Welcome & Rules for the Community Forum
August 6, 2022 at 11:56 am #13434Eric M
Thank you for being a member of the Privacy Action Plan!
I wish to welcome you to the Privacy Action Plan Community Forum. This is a place for members to discuss privacy issues and to help each other. Please be respectful, kind and helpful!
Our community is founded on a few core values—transparency, trust, respect, and honesty. It’s up to all of us to ensure that the Privacy Action Plan Community Forum maintains these values. To enable this, we have a few rules when engaging in discussion.
This forum reflects Privacy Action Plan’s Mission:
Our mission at Privacy Action Plan is to impart the vital importance of protecting your privacy from the extremely deceptive practices of Big Tech, Big Brother and hackers and to give you practical, bite-sized steps for securing your online privacy in a planned way. Remember that privacy is your right, and is necessary for freedom itself.
This is a COMMUNITY forum:
Please note that this forum is not a place that you can interact with employees of Privacy Action Plan. Rather, we created this space for you to interact with each other. Please be respectful, kind and helpful!
- Engage in lively, respectful discussion about questions related to the lessons, privacy and freedom.
- Give constructive feedback and ask questions.
- Be careful about sharing too much information (this is not just true of this forum, by the way, but all forums and social media).
Please DO NOT:
- Use this forum to discuss customer support issues or to try to interact with Glenn or any of his employees. Instead, contact customer support by emailing us at [email protected].
- Do NOT share private or confidential information.
- Be very careful of uploading screenshots of your computer. Does the screenshot show anything confidential? Or embarrassing?
- Do NOT share passwords.
- We recommend that you do not share email addresses, or other ways to communicate off of this forum. We think we only have really good people as members of Privacy Action Plan, but we don’t know each person personally and can’t vouch for them.
We DO NOT allow:
- Abuse. This includes personal attacks, harassment, intimidation or rudeness.
- Spam. This includes any attempt to clutter or derail authentic conversation, such as unsolicited advertisements, trolling, and excessive message flooding.
- Doxxing. This means posting private or identifying information about a user if that information was sourced from outside of Privacy Action Plan. Even if this information is available elsewhere, we would consider it doxxing to post information that the individual did not volunteer.
If you see something, say something.
If something seems off, let us know by reporting it. Our Trust & Safety team reviews every report we receive.
What happens if someone violates the Community Guidelines?
We take action based on the severity of the violation. Knowingly and repeatedly violating these guidelines can also escalate the action we take, which can include:
- Sending a warning by email
- Comment removal
- Temporary or permanent restrictions on an account, such as removing the ability to comment, message, or back future projects
As our community grows and changes, so will the way we evaluate and enforce these guidelines. It’s up to all of us to ensure that Privacy Action Plan remains a safe and fun place to discuss privacy related subjects. Thanks for being a part of the Privacy Action Plan community!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.