September 13, 2022 at 11:55 am #15066Claire Berglund
I have a MacBook Air with Mojave 10.14.6 operating system. I have changed to Brave browser and search engine. I was not able to move bookmarks and I don’t know how to find Brave search to delete history as I want or could with Safari. Lots of challenges just navigating with the new browser and changing habits that no longer work. I am 81 and still resisting digital that I don’t understand. Thanks for all the help! I need simple and one step at a time with the digital language!September 15, 2022 at 10:02 pm #15097JW
Is there a way to prevent the frequent “Prove you’re not a robot” interruption by the Brave search engine? I can’t remember the wording but it requires you to move a circle over another circle to prove you’re a human. It’s quite annoying. Thanks.September 15, 2022 at 10:07 pm #15098JW
1. To import bookmarks, click on the “Brave” name at the top left of your screen next to the Apple icon. In the drop down, you’ll see “Import bookmarks and settings”.
2. To delete your history, click on Brave and click “Clear Browsing Data”.
Let me know if that doesn’t work.September 20, 2022 at 11:26 pm #15131Claire Berglund
Many thanks for your responses.
1. Instead of moving bookmarks, even though that seems to be available, only documents show up. The person who helped me with the browser download thought my update to Mojave wasn’t sufficient to allow moving bookmarks, so I have accepted the fact that I may just have to recreate one by one on the Brave browser.
2. When I click on Brave for clearing browser data all kinds of options for cookies, etc comes up and totally confuses me as I want the best security and privacy, but don’t understand all the terminology to be able to choose. Would I be correct in assuming that however it is set might be the best choices? The other option is to find someone more knowledgeable locally to help.
ClaireSeptember 22, 2022 at 6:37 pm #15183JW
I would like to attach an image but don’t have that option.
1. When I click the “Import bookmarks and settings” link in the Brave menu, I get a pop-up window in Brave settings that lets you choose the browser from which you want to import your bookmarks and you can then select items to import, including Browsing History, Favorites/Bookmarks, and Autofill form data. Do you see that pop-up window?
2. Ah. It might help to know WHY you want to clear the data. PAP might disagree with me but unless you are concerned about someone taking your computer and reviewing your history, it doesn’t hurt it to stay there. You can manually delete it at any time if you feel the need. But, I will let PAP answer those specific questions as I don’t know for certain that it doesn’t matter. Once you have been to a site, whoever is monitoring you has the information they want. They won’t get it because it’s still in your history.
I hope this helps!October 6, 2022 at 11:12 am #15573Brass Beach
Great article for all to read re Google monopoly!November 17, 2022 at 10:03 pm #16137ML
I was told by a reputable source Brave uses Google Chromium under the hood, so it can’t possibly be as safe as other browsers like Safari and FireFox.
Anybody know about this?November 27, 2022 at 5:10 pm #16204JG
Brave does run on Chromium which is different than Chrome. Chromium is open sourced and is the “engine”. Chrome, and any other browsers built off of Chromium can add/remove parts of the “engine” to make their own browser. Brave does not have/include the Google parts that are essentially spyware. I hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.