I think, Elton, that you are right to focus on easy steps to start. Here are some ideas.
- Cover their cameras.
- Delete apps that they don’t use.
- Go through each app (using the method described above) and see what data each one collects about you.
- Don’t use Facebook, TikTok, or other social media apps.
- Don’t use WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or other insecure ways to communicate. Instead use the Signal app.
- Don’t use Google, but rather use Brave Search.
- Don’t use the Chrome browser. Instead use the Brave browser.